Purchase on the Web
Visit Our Friends
Talk To Us
What Is Shareware?
Winning at Solitaire
Solitaire Till Dawn X
"Solitaire Till Dawn is the best solitaire game I've seen on any platform."
"Couldn't be more pleased."
"My hat's off to Rick Holzgrafe.
He just keeps improving it."
"By far the best solitaire game."
"This is a wonderful piece of shareware that everyone needs to try."
James R. Stoup, Apple Matters
And here's what people have
Solitaire Till Dawn
for Classic Mac OS!
"Beautifully organized and rendered
... In a nutshell, solitaire lovers:
"Here is where the good solitaire
games get separated from the great solitaire games. The interface
Gregory R. Birgfeld
"This game is beautifully implemented
... the perfect solution for anyone wanting to play Solitaire
on their Mac"
"Imaginitive graphics are just one highlight
of these games"
"Computer solitaire is the biggest
blow to productivity that the world economy has ever seen (except
for that pesky Black Death in the 14th century), and Solitaire
Till Dawn does its part to bring slacking at work to the Mac."
"Solitaire Till Dawn is a great
example of the many varieties of Solitaire... There's a reason
he called it 'Solitaire Till Dawn!'"
"This is the all-time, drop-dead,
must-have solitaire program"
Owen W. Linzmayer ,
"You can't claim solitaire bragging
rights until you've mastered the incredible variety of games
in this package."
"My favorite gift this season
is a piece of shareware called Solitaire Till Dawn ... I can
spend hours playing it."
Harvey Barnett ,
"Here's a great all in one package
[Download] - [Full-size
screen shot] - [Updates]
[Rules for All Games]
- 100 different solitaire games, with more to
- Beautiful cards with your choice of artwork!
- Smart Cards - Just click to play!
- Unlimited Undo and Redo!
- Snapshots for easy Undo to a remembered position!
- Tell Me When I'm Stuck - Only in Solitaire Till Dawn!
- Online Rules for all games, with strategy tips!
- Toolbar for easy access to features!
- Separate Settings and scores for everyone in your family!
- Create Your Own Decks from your own digital photos!
Try before you buy! Download
Solitaire Till Dawn X and play up to 100 free games. If you don't
like it, just throw it away. If you do like it, you can purchase a registration
key that will fully unlock the copy you have already downloaded.
Solitaire Till Dawn X costs just $24.95.
Latest Version Solitaire Till Dawn X 1.5.1 [Download]
Requires: Mac OS 10.1.4 through 10.5.x. Compatible
with Jaguar, Panther, Tiger, and Leopard.
Runs on PPC and Intel-based Macs.
Compatible with: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard),
but requires installation of Rosetta.
Rosetta is included with Snow Leopard,
but by default is not installed.
NOT compatible with: Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) or 10.8 (Mountain Lion).
We are working on an upgrade, and you can follow our progress
at the Solitaire Till Dawn blog,
but for now Solitaire Till Dawn will not run on Lion or Mountain Lion.
What's New: Version 1.5.1 fixes a small compatibility problem
with Leopard, which only affected users attempting to purchase a registration key.
Version 1.5 added five new games,
and the long-overdue Start This Game Over menu item.
Five new games were added in version 1.5, bringing the total to 100
different kinds of solitaire! The new games are
Double Scorpion, Intelligence, Klondike Holdout, Penguin, Tournament.
The games vary from the very simple to the very complex. Your
favorites are here, along with some you may never have seen before.
In fact, two of the games were invented especially for Solitaire
Till Dawn! Some are easy to win, some almost impossible to win.
Some require little or no strategy, for those times when you
just want a little relaxation. Others offer great rewards to
the strategic thinker, for those times when you want a challenge.
(Many solitaires have more than one name. For each game, we've
listed all the alternate names that we know of.)
- Accordion (Idle Year, Tower of Babel)
- Aces High (Aces Up, Idiot's Delight)
- Auld Lang Syne (Patience)
- Baker's Dozen
- Baker's Game (Baker, Baker Solitaire)
- Beleaguered Castle
- Betsy Ross
- Calculation (Progression)
- Canfield (Fascination, Demon, Devil's Own; incorrectly
- Chessboard (Fives)
- Cotillion (Contradance)
- Diamond Rush (Diamond, Cory's Game)
- Double Klondike
- Double Scorpion
- Eagle Wing (Thirteen Down)
- Easthaven (Aces Up)
- Eight Off
- Five Piles (Baroness, Thirteen)
- Flower Garden (The Garden, Bouquet)
- Fourteen Out (Fourteen Puzzle, Take Fourteen)
- Fortune's Favor
- Forty Thieves (Big Forty, Napoleon at St. Helena,
Roosevelt at San Juan)
- Four Seasons (Corner Card, Vanishing Cross)
- Good Measure
- Grandfather's Clock
- Grandma's Game
- King Albert (Idiot's Delight)
- Kings in the Corner
- Klondike Easy
- Klondike Familiar (Chinaman, Fascination, Triangle;
incorrectly called Canfield)
- Klondike Holdout
- Klondike Strict (Vegas)
- La Belle Lucie (Alexander the Great, Clover Leaf,
Midnight Oil, Three Shuffles and a Draw)
- Miniature Golf
- Miss Milligan
- Miss Milligan Easy
- Montana (Gaps)
- Mount Olympus
- Mount Sunflower by Randy Rasa
- Mount Sunflower Easy by Randy Rasa
- Old Patience (Try Again, Sir Tommy)
- Osmosis (Treasure Trove)
- Puss in Corner
- Quadrille (Captive Queens, The Queen's Lace Handkerchief)
- Red-Black Spider (Two-Suit Spider)
- Rouge et Noir (Red and Black)
- Russian Solitaire (Yukon Strict)
- Royal Rendezvous
- Shamrocks (Three-Card Fan)
- Simple Addition (Thirteens)
- Stalactites (Old Mole, Grampus)
- Streets and Alleys
- Storehouse (Thirteen Up, The Reserve)
- Sultan (Sultan of Turkey, Emperor of Germany)
- Tabby Cat
- Terrace (Queen of Italy)
- The Towers (Seahaven Towers)
- The Wish
- Thirteens by Randy Rasa
- Thirty Thieves
- Thumb and Pouch
- Tough Sell
- Tournament (La Nivernaise, Nivernaise, Napoleon's Flank)
- Westcliff Strict
- Whitehead Easy
- Will o' the Wisp
- Windmill (Propeller)
More Card Games
Here are links to some great solitaire and card game sites
-- just in case Solitaire Till Dawn doesn't quite eat up all
your spare time!
Central -- A great site for solitaire,
created and maintained by Randy Rasa. Solitaire Central has links
to software for both Mac and Windows, links to solitaires you
can play in your Web browser (Web TV users, try this!), links
to rules for different solitaires, a bibilography, a glossary,
and more. Solitaire Central is also host to Randy's own excellent
solitaires for Windows and DOS.
House of Cards -- Another of Randy
Rasa's sites, with links for card games in general although the
focus is still on solitaire.
Game Cabinet -- Go here to learn about
almost any kind of game. This site features non-computer board,
card, and other kinds of games, both traditional and new. Here
you'll find rules, lists, discussions, and many more pointers.
And even a few pointers to computer implementations of some of
these non-computer games!
Games , maintained by John McLeod,
is a marvelous and comprehensive collection of information about
card games, organized both by type and by name. Tile and Domino
games are covered as well. John is actively collecting more information,
so stop by and help him build!
Game Webwaves is Jouni Miettunen's
collection of links to solitaire and card game Web sites. If
you want more than just solitaire, or if your computer is not
a Macintosh, look here. Jouni also offers rules for several interesting
Good Solitaire -- Tom Warfield's shareware
solitaire for Windows. 200 games in one program! Check this out
if you or a friend need a good solitaire program for your Windows
Cards is Griff Hazen's do-it-yourself
game environment for Windows. Griff says you can create your
own multi-player card games and play them with your friends.